Friday, April 27, 2007

Moving in!

It's been awhile since our last post because we don't have the internet right now. The last few weeks have been so so crazy! We moved out of our house on Friday the 13th (creepy) and moved in with my best friend Erika. We lived with her until the 22nd, when we got the keys to our new house!! It was so exciting finally getting to move it and have the house be ours! We were ready to have a home again!!
So Sunday the 22nd we went and checked it out...it was the first time we got to see it empty. We also got to get the kitties out of the cat hotel they had been staying in for the past 11 days! They were pretty freaked out, but they are doing much better now! So we brought the kitties to the house and hung out there until about 9. We had all our family and friends come over to check it out.
We moved our stuff from Erikas over on Monday, and have been staying there ever since. We haven't moved much in, because we are updating the place like crazy! We are scraping the popcorn off the ceiling, taking the wallpaper off the walls, taking the carpet and vinyl out, taking the basboards off, texturing the ceiling, getting new wood floors and carpet, and re-painting every room!! It has been fun, lots of work, and challenging, but it is so nice making it our own!! We have been to Home Depot SEVERL times, and I'm sure there will be several more trips to come!
Tomorrow, we are moving everything from our storage unit into our garage. We can't move anything into the hosue yet, because the flooring won't be in until the 8th or 9th!
Oh, we also picked out our new fridge! We really like it! It is one of those freezer on the bottom fridges!! Yay!
WHile all this has been going on, work has been an exceptionally large challenge as well. I found out I am permanatly in Woodburn now, and I have taken on more work than I can handle! Plus, the extra commute time hasn't been super fun when I staying up late every night working on the house!!
It just makes me so grateful for my wonderful husband Travis...he is enjoying his job and career choice and I am very glad for that!! He even gets up early with me and goes to work early so he can get off early and start working on the house!
Well, I've babbled enough for now! Back to the house!!

No comments: