Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's been to long

I haven't posted for almost 2 weeks! The weather has been shaping up around here....keeping me busy!
We had a fabulous Mothers day. It was great fun spoiling our mothers!! They both really enjoyed their time with us, and their gifts!
Saturday we did car maint. and chores and cleaned and went groc shopping, etc, and Sunday we woke up early and met the Clarks Sr at church and then took them out for Mothers Day lunch at Kathy's favorite place. Then we rushed to our house to get ready for my parents and grandma to come over! They arrived at 3:30 and we talked and drank wine until 6, when dinner was ready. I made garlic chicken and potatoes with salad and we had fresh pineapple as an appetizer and chocolate ice cream for dessert. It was wonderful!
Grandma left after dinner at about 7:30 and mom and I watched PS I love you, which she has been dying to see. I was chipping in money with my dad to get her favorite perfume but when we got to the house and I gave him the money he gave me a sweater to give her instead! Anyway, I think she liked it a lot. :)
Last weekend we went to Bend to visit Ladd.
We left for Bend right after work on Friday. It was 97 degrees here Friday afternoon!!
It was a little cooler over in Bend than it was in the Valley, but still in the upper 80's to low 90's! Better than the upper 90's like it was here though! Man it was hot! To go from 40 - 50 degrees and rain that we've been having, to 97 degrees practically overnight!! Anyway, we loved the sunshine!
Saturday we went into town to check out Bend. It was fun, we walked around some outdoor shopping malls and stuff. That night Ladd surprised us with tickets to a desert brawl fight. It was really fun.
Sunday we slept in, woke up to a huge breakfast, and talked with Ladd and his parents for an hour or 2. We decided to head home pretty early so we could get our Sunday chores and errands done. On our way out, Ladd made us a beautiful potted plant to take home, and his mom gave Trav some shoes and a suit that were new and had been donated to her for the school! It was very thoughtful!!
Now it's back to another work week! I am looking forward to a 3 day weekend! Trav and I are planning on going to the beach, as long as the weather allows it!! Monday we're planning on edging and weeding the yard, and having a BBQ!
Thats all for now! Enjoy the week.

No comments: