Friday, September 5, 2008

3 hrs till we're camping on the beach!

Happy September!
September is already here, and unbelievably the summer is coming to a close. It went by so fast. I think it goes by faster every year!
We are continuing to stay busy through September so far! I hope things slow down a little in October so we can get a few house projects done. We'd like to paint the fireplace in the living room, get a new dishwasher, and put blinds up in all the windows!
I am really looking forward to camping at the beach this weekend. We've been wanting to go to the beach, and do more camping this summer, but the weather hasn't been the greatest. This weekend is supposed to be beautiful on the coast! The nicest I've seen it all summer.
Next weekend we are going to OSU's first home game! OSU vs Hawaii! I hope we win, but regardless the games and tailgating before them is always a lot of fun.
Trav and I have been doing really well. We installed our new showerhead last night and got to use it this morning. It is amazing! It is huge though, and used up all our hot water in abut 5 minutes! It has a valve you can put on it to reduce the water usage, so we're going to put that on before the next shower, and hopefully we'll get a good 20 minute shower out of it. A good, HOT, 20 minute shower! It's like having a mini spa right in the bathroom.
I have been really enjoying my job. I've enjoyed it the whole time, but in the past few months I've really gotten comfortable with my co-workers/bosses, and with all my work which has made it fun at work.
Trav and I have been talking about a few parts of life that are frustrating, but it's been nice to have each other to lean on and vent to. We pretty much agree on everything so even if we just want to have a good 2 hour b*tch session, we can relieve a lot of stress.
We've recently been watching the presidential campaign. John McCain chose a woman named Sarah Palin as his vice president which was a real shocker because no one has really heard of her. We've watched her speak a few times and she is a great speaker. She seems to stand up for what she believes in and go after what she wants and doesn't stop until she gets it. It's going to be an interesting election year to say the least!
Well, I'm going to finish up my work and then Trav and I will be on our way to Newport to relax and enjoy the weekend. :) Have a good one.

No comments: