Monday, November 3, 2008

Welcome November!

November is here! And it shows, it's rained every day since November 1st!
I do love November. It always reminds me of when Trav and I got together. I love the cold, the rain, and dark....everything. For about a month, and then I'm sick of it and ready to warm up!
Trav and I will have been together for 10 years this November 9th!
We had a great weekend.
Friday was Halloween and Rachelle was throwing a party. After work we passed out candy to the kids (the cutest little giraffe came to visit), until Ladd arrived from Bend. Once Ladd got there we went out to dinner at Wilhelm's. My Cajun Tri-tip wrap was as wonderful as it always is!
After dinner Trav and Ladd got dressed up. Ladd was Winny the pooh, and Trav was a pimp. The costumes looked great. I waited to get ready until we got to Derricks so I could get ready with Rachelle. We headed over and the house was so nicely decorated! It really looked great! I got dressed as a "ho" (pimp and ho), and Rachelle did my make up, and then we made witch's brew, which was a delicious mixed punch.
The party made it until midnight, when people starting leaving for the bars. Trav, Ladd and I walked home at that point, to avoid the bar scene.
We drank more at the house and passed out at 3 am.
Saturday was a GREAT lazy day! We slept in until almost noon, made breakfast for lunch, and watched tv until about 2. Then we watched "Baby Mama" which was really funny, and after that the boys turned on football so I went to take a nap. My nap ended up going from 5 - 7! I was tired!
When I got up it was time to get ready and go to GameTime to watch the OSU vs ASU game. Rachelle had some extra tickets she got earlier that day and offered them to Trav and I, but we didn't want to leave poor Ladd stranded, so we didn't take them. Man was that hard! :) But it's ok. We had fun watching it at GameTime and we got to stay warm and dry! OSU won! 27 - 25. Go Beavs!
When we got home from the game, I made some apple crisp and we watched "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". It was pretty funny. The apple crisp was delicious! And I made a healthy recipe!
Sunday we got up at 9. I made breakfast for the boys, and went for a walk/jog. Right when I got out there it started raining pretty hard, but I kept going! It was a good workout. When I got back Trav and I cleaned up a little, and Rachelle asked if I wanted to go to lunch. I did! :) We went to Pizza Amore. It was my first time there and it is delicious! The garlic rolls are amazing!
After we ate we went to Costco and I got some new really comfy sweats/workout pants. Rachelle got some furry boots that were SO comfortable! She's been looking for some and got a great deal on them! I'm going to have to borrow them. Before we left we had to get a frozen yogurt! Then we watched a movie and she had to leave for volleyball.
Trav and I did our usual chores and grocery shopping and watched ANOTHER movie and of course Desperate Housewives before heading to bed. On the way to bed I checked the woot of the day and it was a really nice digital camera. We have been needed a new digital camera for a couple years. The one we have eats through AA batteries in seconds! Seriously, it lasts for about 1 hour before it needs new batteries. PLUS, it's slow, big, and has a super small screen. I was going to get a new one on Black Friday, but when I saw the deal they had it for, I called Trav in and we researched it and bought it! It was only $90 and is reg $170 - $230! And it came with the battery and charger and computer connection cables and wrist straps....all the goods! I am really excited to get it! I love taking pictures to preserve memories, and since I've had my old digi I feel like I've missed out on a lot of great pictures!
Here she is: Pentax Optio M50 Digital Camera


Well thats all for now! Have a great week! Welcome November!

No comments: