Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year! 2009 is here.

Welcome 2009! 2008 has come to a close!
December 31st Trav and I worked.....if you can call it that. The Beavers were in the Sun Bowl this year, and it was on from 11 - 3. Our office had the pregame show on the radio starting at 10. At 1, when halftime was almost over, Trav and I went home for lunch. We wanted to be able to watch some of the game. We watched the 3rd quarter, and finished listening back at the office. Both teams had amazing defense, so the final score was 3 - 0 BEAVERS! The Beavs got the ball to the in zone several times, but never took it in. There was one play that we should have gotten a touch down out of, but it was ruled out. Either way, we won and thats all that matters!
After work Trav and I gathered up our wine, beer, and liquor and headed over to Shelby and Darrin's house. Air and K were there already. I drank way to much...I even took shots which I only do when I am really far gone. When I woke up I had no idea where I was...thats how bad it was! Granted we were staying at a house I'd never been to before, but still... ;) Anyway, I don't drink often so it was fun!
New Years Day we slept in until 2ish. I kept waking up just just didn't feel good so I kept going back to sleep. When I got up I just put on my jammies and Air and K came over and watched 3 movies with us. We ate leftovers from our Christmas dinner and just laid around in our comfy clothes! It was a great LAZY day.
I started getting a pretty bad sore throat on New Years Eve, and New Years Day it was getting worse. Friday it was really bad. Trav and I and my parents helped my grandma move and then I took a 3 hour nap.....I'm sure because my body was trying to get sick! Again we just watched movies that night. I was layin low to try and stop the sickness and the sore throat! I drank lots of tea, and hot cider...and took lots of vitamin C, ecinachia, and zicam!
Saturday we took all the Christmas decorations and the tree down. It's always so sad "undecorating" and knowing the holiday's are over and won't be back for another year! I listened to Christmas music for one last time until November 27th 2009 while I was putting everything away. The corner the tree was in looks so boring with it gone. While I was "undecorating" Trav trimmed some of our bushes to winterize them, and raked up some straggling leaves we had in our yard. Afterwards we went to my parents to do laundry. Our dryer belt broke. Trav ordered another one but when he got it he realized that there was another broken part and had to order it. So it'll be another 2 weeks till we can fix it and we already had 2 weeks of laundry piled up. Anyway, I was still feeling under the weather, but a little better. We had dinner with my parents and hung out till about 8. We went home, and you guessed it, watched a movie! And played some Rock Band. I like to sing and with my sore throat I haven't been able to so I haven't been wanting to play! But I played the bass and it was fun.
Sunday we went to church and my throat was feeling better finally! After church we went to lunch with my parents and then went grocery shopping. We cleaned the house when we got home.
Now it's Monday and I can't believe I'm back to working a normal 5 day week! I had 5 days off in the past 10 work days!!
We're settling in for a cold, wet winter now. Trav and I are already anxiously awaiting spring!

No comments: