Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Prom!!!

I went to prom on Saturday! You may think I'm to old for Prom, but nope! One of Erika's co-workers wanted to have prom for her birthday celebration, so she rented out a restaurant and about 60 people came all dressed up! The guys were in tuxes and the ladies in fancy dresses. There was a dance floor and a dj and of course, a bar! It was so much fun to get all dressed up! I got to wear my pink formal dress that I got 3 years ago for Trav's open house when he graduated from College. He told me it was going to be a very formal event so I got a very formal dress, and then a few days before it he found out that the theme had changed to a much less formal spring dress! So I never got a chance to wear my pink formal dress, until now.
Air did my hair, I put on a little make up, and got dressed. We went to dinner at Air's mom's house. We had delicious taco's, and wine! We went back to Air's after dinner to pre-drink a little more, and then headed to Magenta in Corvallis, where Prom was. When we got there I realized that I had forgotten my id so Air, Mo and I lifted the back door of Air's Denali and sat out the back passing the bottle of wine back and forth while we waited for Trav to bring my id. (Thanks Trav) I'm sure it was a funny site to see, 3 girls all dressed up sitting in a parking lot in the back of an SUV passing the wine bottle. :)
We got into Magenta about a half hour later. All the girls dresses were SO pretty. We got some wine from the bar and walked around visiting with everyone for about an hour. We danced a little, but the DJ wasn't playing great music. We really wanted to dance, so after a couple hours we headed down the street to the Cantina. They had a great DJ with great music so we danced our hearts out! It was a really fun night!
Sunday was Easter, so we went to church and then back to my parents for Easter/Trav's bday dinner! His first of many! It was delicious - ham, mashed potatoes, green bean cass, broccoli, cran sauce...yum! And it was great time spent with the family.
Thursday is Trav's bday. He put in a special request for his birthday meal: Kung Pao Chicken, Miso soup, fried rice, and chocolate peanut butter ice cream for dessert! So I got all the ingredients and I'm going to give it a go!! I hope it turns out good!
Other than that, Emma looks like she is healing up well. She just finished her 2nd dose of anti's last night, so now we just have to make sure the lump doesn't come back so we don't need to put another drain in!! So far, so good.
Funny side note: I was belting out "your the one that I want" in the shower when Travis stuck his head in the bathroom and said "Hey babe, Grease called. They want their musical back" So funny. I love my husband!
We can't wait for it to warm up! Have a great week!

No comments: