Thursday, March 6, 2008

VACATION TIME!!!

Yep, you got it right, we are leaving for our resort on the shores of the Riviera Maya, Mexico this Saturday! 41 hours until we are on the plane to Mexico. :) Tomorrow we're heading to bed nice and early, and the alarm will start ringing at 2:30am telling us to get up, get ready and GET GOING!
I am pretty excited. This is a much needed break for us! We still have packing to do, and a few things to buy for the trip. And Kayden is a little bit of a concern. He is doing well, but there is still a middle section on his wound that is not closing very quickly. I was hoping he would have skin covering the whole wound before we left, but it's not looking like that's going to happen. It is much better than it has been though! All that's left is the middle section and then the fur will grow back on the skin and fill out and he'll be our NORMAL cute little Kayden again! I'm trying not to worry at all with leaving him. We are leaving him in good hands...with my parents over the weekend and they are taking him to board at the vet during the week. I would just feel better if his care taker didn't have to worry about an open wound at all....then they wouldn't have to mess with putting antibiotic on it and it wouldn't be as big of a deal if they didn't have to to let it air out a little every day! But, it's out of my control so I'm trying to let it go.
Trav and I are going to have so much fun on our trip! I'm going to live on the beach with a margarita! I'll take breaks to go on the hobbie cats, or for a trip on the canoe...and of course go snorkeling! And swimming. I'll spend a good amount of time in the Jacuzzi with the waterfall to!
Free drinks, free meals, free shows, free nightclubs, free activities....could a person ask for more? It looks the the weather is going to be in the mid to high 80's while we're there. Perfect!
Yes, we are looking forward to this trip very much. We're evening looking forward to when we get back. Kayden should be well enough that we can leave him alone, so we'll be able to go to the gym again, and hang out with our friends. Then April will be right around the corner and that's the month we should be able to pay our debt off! Summer will be right around the corner and I love summer. BBQ's and nice weather! Camping, bike riding, roller blading, enjoying the outdoors! We have lots of plans for our yard this spring/summer also. Hopefully by the end of the summer it will look a lot nicer!
We have so much to be thankful for. It's looking like Kayden is going to pull through this whole ordeal which is a huge weight off my shoulders! He is such a blessing in our lives. He can always bring a smile to our faces. And I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband!
Alright, I'm going to finish up my work day, and then pack my little heart out! I probably won't blog again until we're back from our trip! Have a great weekend and week!!

No comments: