Friday, June 27, 2008

First Camping Trip of the Season!

In 2 hours Trav and I are off work, going home to load up the car and start the beautiful drive to Camp Sherman. The weather is amazing today. It's supposed to be in the low 90's all weekend. We're bringing the raft so hopefully we'll be able to go rafting down the Metolious River!
Last weekend was a good one. Friday night we went to my parents for the evening. My mom has just had oral surgery and needed someone to comfort her. We sat out on the deck and enjoyed the sunshine until it got dark when we headed in and watched some tv.
Saturday Trav and I got up early for a Saturday and Trav started in on the yard work while I cleaned the house. We both got a lot done, and at 4 got ready to meet Mon and JD for dinner. We tried a new Italian Restaurant called Clemenza's. It was very good!
After dinner we headed back to Mon and JD's and played the Wii and drank wine. We had a great night talking, laughing, and drinking!
Trav and I walked home a little after midnight. When we got there we met up with K and started a fire in our fire pit. We talked around the firepit and drank until 5 am!!! I couldn't believe how late it was when I looked at the clock. Sunday we got our grocery shopping done and Trav's business partner came over at 5 with some huge rib eye steaks for the BBQ! We had asparagus, mashed red potatoes, and salad with the steaks. It was delicious! After dinner Trav and Luke worked on their project until it was almost bed time.
Last night I had wine night with Robbie. She took me over to their new house and it is amazing! It's nestled back into the forest and the landscaping is just beautiful. I felt like I was at a retreat! We made plans to go to River Rhythms, garage saling, crabbing, and more!
Now it's Friday and only 1 hr until Trav and I leave for a relaxing weekend camping! Have a great weekend!

No comments: