Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Healthy Living

Another week has arrived!
I just ordered 100 packs of Pumpkin Pie hot cocoa and I am REALLY excited about it. I've been loving my hot cocoa over the past month, but adding the pumpkin pie flavor just reminds me that the holiday's are here! My next order will have to be Peppermint hot cocoa! I can't wait for my order to arrive!
My friend Rachelle is such a great support! She moved back from AZ in June. Before she left (3 years ago) she was my workout partner, (well I'd say she was my personal trainer) helping me get in shape for my wedding. We did some great workouts! Back then we would even do daily doubles! We'd workout before work at 5 am, and after work at 6pm. It was crazy, but she whipped me into shape for sure! Workouts with Shell are fun because she adds a lot of variety so I don't get bored or burned out doing the same thing. Here's an example of a workout:
Start by jogging 2 laps
run 2 sets of bleachers - there and back twice. You can feel the thighs burning after this!
jog 2 more laps
fast walk 1 lap
run 2 sets of bleachers
walk the corners, run the straightaways for 3 laps
walk the corners do walking lunges on the straightaways for one lap
then go to the calisthenics corner and go there and back for frog jumps, high knees, high skips
walk 1 lap
do 10 minutes of abs or arms
There it is!
Since Shell has gotten back we've tried to workout a few times a week, but with the busy summer and her finding a job we didn't get as many in as we'd wanted to.
Finally, a few weeks ago both of our schedules freed up and we made a commitment to workout after work (she ended up getting an 8 - 5 job to!) Tuesday and Thursday's, and before church on Sunday's. We are also very committed at helping each other eat healthy! We are both trying to eat between 1400 - 1600 calories a day, so we send each other our daily food log to help us keep on track! Also, we are trying to drink 90 oz of water a day! Drinking water is hard for me, so it helps to get Shell's emails that remind me. Drink 8oz of water every hour today! And eat healthy!
I'm already starting to feel better! Now we've just got to keep it up!
Trav and I had a fun weekend.
We hit 4 or 5 tailgaters on game day! The beavs won 66 - 13! Go Beavs!!

No comments: