Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October, What???

I can't believe it's already October! The weather has been showing it though! It has been cold and rainy. This morning was the first morning there was a thin layer of ice on the car! Burr! My fingers are still cold! I'm excited for the cold weather to set in because I love cuddling up and watching movies while drinking hot chocolate. And I LOVE the holidays. BUT, I know that by January I will be very tired of this weather and ready for the sun to come out again.
Trav and I are going to the OSU game on Saturday. I'm really excited. I love going to the games and lots of our friends are going to this one so it will be extra fun!
We had a relaxing weekend. Friday night we went to Air and K's for dinner, movies, and wine. K got sick and ended up going to bed at like 10, but the rest of us stayed up chatting and drinking until about 2 am.
We woke up at 11 on Sat and got ready to go to Trav's parents for lunch. Amber, Jason and little Cora were down to visit. We enjoyed lunch with everyone (Grandad made it over to). We left a little after 3 and met up with Air again to make a trip to the OSU bookstore for some Beavers gear!
Trav got a t-shirt and I got 2 t-shirts, a little jersey, and a pom-pom! I've been saving for a while! I LOVE my new beavers gear, although there was so much more that I wanted! I'm going to wear my jersey to the game this weekend.
We got home a little after 5 and got our grocery shopping done before settling into our comfy couch to watch a movie.
Sunday we went to church with my parents. We still like our new church. :) After church we had my parents over for stir fry. My mom and I went to the home show after lunch and that afternoon Trav and I took care of our chores in time to relax a little before bed.
Monday I had a doctor's appointment to meet my new doctor. I like her! Dr. Leer-Konald. We also met with our financial adviser for my IRA (when I left Allied and had to move my 401k), Kerry at Edward Jones. Obviously with the economy the way it is, it wasn't pretty. Over the last year year we've lost 28%. But on the positive side we have gained a few shares. At least we have a lot of time before we need to use our IRA and Kerry said that the economy does this about every 15 - 20 years so we shouldn't worry to much. Still, it worries me a little.
So, life goes on! Have a great week!

No comments: