Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Nice, Relaxing Weekend followed by a crazy week!

Travis and I had a really relaxing weekend. We pretty much just laid low and watched movies all weekend. My brother and his girlfriend Sara joined us Saturday evening for a couple movies. It was just what we needed...to relax.
Especially now that I've entered this week which has been complete craziness! I got a call from Air Sunday night. She was frantic because K had told her he wanted to talk to her. He reassured her that she didn't need to worry and it was nothing drastic. Of course that didn't work. Air was very worried. We couldn't figure out what he'd want to talk to her about. Everything in their relationship had seemed fine for the past several months.
He got home Monday, so they sat down and talked when he got home from work. Air was right to worry, because K broke up with her. She is completely heartbroken. Trav and I have been staying with her all week to keep her company and try and help her through this terribly hard time. I hope her heart heals quickly and she can get some understanding as to why it happened, and know that it wasn't anything she did.
Even beyond that, yesterday when I came into work, my boss Scott told me he needed to talk to me about something. Thats never a good thing to hear.....Well, Dan asked him to cut my hours. This is our slow season, and the economy has been terrible over the past few months/year, which is really affecting our business! We are just trying to stay afloat. Summer is always our busy season, so I am just hoping and praying that it really starts picking up. Scott said this is just temporary, and I should be back to full time by May. I am feeling lucky right now to even have a job. So many people have lost their jobs and it's very unsettling. I just continue to pray that our company survives this terrible economy! Hopefully I'll be back to full time in just a couple months. Until then, I have Friday's off, meaning 3 day weekends. I love 3 day weekends, but right now the money is more important to me. Plus, when things like this happen my mind always wanders to if things get worse am I going to lose more hours, or lose my healthy benefits, or lose my job completely? I hope it never comes to that!
So, it's been a crazy week! I am very tired. I feel like I may be coming down with a cold. I've been fighting one since winter but I feel like it might win soon. I don't want to be sick on our vacation, so I'm hoping that if it's going to come it will hurry, or that I will be able to fend it off! I am drinking lots of water and taking my vitamins every day!
This weekend we are going to get most of our packing done!! Yay! I can't believe we leave next weekend! It has been FREEZING this week, so I am more than ready for warmth and sunshine in Cancun. And a break from this reality!

No comments: