Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!!

This weekend we celebrated my dad's birthday. It's always fun spending time with family. We went for a jog with Emma to start off Saturday. Then we loaded her up, with her toys, kennel, and *new* exercise pen and headed to my parents house. We started off in Salem, at my dad's favorite lunch spot, Bentley's. I got my usual, and favorite, the seafood chowder. It is choked full of seafood goodies! Salmon, shrimp (which I pick out and give to Trav because I really don't like shrimp) clams, crab....and more!
After lunch we went to get my dad's new air filter that he ordered, and made a couple other stops in Salem. We even went to Sears to pick out a new stove/range for my parents. I am really excited for them. They've needed a new one for a long time! Two of their burners don't work, and the two that do are SO slow. It takes about 20 minutes to boil water! The oven knob got messed up somehow, so preheat is really off, off is really broil, and so on. It's terribly confusing.
Anyway, they ordered a nice new one and it be here in a couple weeks!
Once we got home mom and I got his birthday cake ready to bake, and starting fixing dinner. We sat down at 7 for BBQ'd steak, steamed asparagus, and baked potatoes. Mom didn't have any spray or oil to coat the pan with, and it ended up sticking (even though it's a non-stick pan!) pretty bad. Normally it wouldn't have been a huge deal, but we were making a bunt cake, so it was really obvious. I will post a picture of it later because it really is a piece of art! Cake art. It was just family though, and no one cared. We did get some good laughs out of it though.
We headed home later in the evening. Emma had a fun day exploring my parents big yard, and playing frisbee with Joel and Trav.
Sunday Trav and I slept in. We got up at 10:30 and went into the living room, where we took an hour nap. :) It was a lazy Sunday! We did our usual, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc. Mom called me in the afternoon and we went at Ross to shop for sun dresses for our trip to Cancun!! It's coming up! I got 4 new dresses. I went there for one in particular, but I found 8 that I liked, and 4 that I REALLY liked. And with such great deals, I just couldn't pass it up! So I got one REALLY comfortable sun dress that is cute, light, and made of the greatest, softest, most comfortable material ever. It's not very fancy, but for casual beach days I'm going to want to just live in it! ($7) I got the one I went for, which is very "beach vacationy". It is brown and tan and the neckline is lined with brown wooden beads that go up the straps that tie in a halter around the neck. It's short and really cute. ($17) I also got a swimsuit cover up/summer dress. It's that tight tube top material on top and light blue and as it goes down it turns a darker blue. ($8) Last but not least I got a white halter top summer dress that has green flowers on it. It's hard to describe but very cute. ($12)
In the evening Emma "helped" me do the laundry....by taking all the whites I was sorting over to the darks, and visa versa. So it wasn't really a lot of help, but she thought it was. Trav and I cleaned up the house and relaxed before bed.
Now the week is here...and I'm already looking forward to Friday. I'm hoping for a relaxing weekend of doing a lot of absolutly nothing!
20 days till we leave for Cancun!!!!

No comments: