Wednesday, September 5, 2007

New Car

Happy Hump day!

Travis and I had a very eventful weekend!

Friday evening Lindsey and Brian came over to our house. We watched a silly movie, that turned out to be pretty funny, and just had a good time catching up!
Saturday, Trav and I went to the state fair. We went in the early afternoon so we could spend most of the day there. There's just so much to do! We checked out all the booths and then went up to the beer garden to relax a little before going to the Chris Daughtry concert. We had some dinner and watched a show before heading to the concert, and of course got our pictures taken in one of the photo booths, which we do every time we go to the state fair! It's fun to see how we've changed over the years!

The Daughtry concert was awesome. It was packed out! I don't think there was an empty seat in the place. He was very good! Chris is the man! :)

Sunday we made a day trip to the beach! I always love going to the beach. We usually don't do much. We just wonder around Newport, visit all the little shops on the bay, go to Mo's and lay on the beach! I don't know why, but it is always so much fun, and so relaxing! This trip was especially fun because the weather was perfect! Sunny and 75, not even any wind! We went on the beach right when we got there, and once we got to the water we realized we were hungry, so we decided to walk to Mo's, since we were so close to the bay and it was so nice out. We ate a great meal...I even went out on a limb and got the fish sandwhich with chowder instead of my normal cannonball chowder bowl.

After we ate we walked along the bay, stopped at Aunt Belindas to get some taffy and candies, and one last stop at the market to get a 6 pack of Mikes before heading back to the beach.

When we got back to the beach, we set up our chairs right in front of the water, cracked open a cold one and just relaxed in the sun for the rest of the afternoon! It was a great day.

Monday we got up a little earlier than I like to on holidays, but we were on a mission! We got to my parents at 10 and from there we all headed to Portland in search of a car. And we found one! I got a 2000 Chevy Malibu LS. It's a 4 door automatic sedan. It only has 75000 miles, so I think it will last me for a good while and it will be a good family car when that becomes an issue! It is is excellent condition and only had one owner before me! I got it for only $1000 over the settlement I got on my totaled car. All in all, I think it worked out for the best. I was going to have to replace the exhaust system on my Mazda the week it was totaled, which was going to cost $800, so I would have had to spend that much anyway.
I just hope this turns out to be a reliable car with no issues other than normal wear and tear type things! It's nice to be able to drive myself around again.
Anyway, it's already Wednesday so only 2 more days until the weekend! Yay!
Have a good rest of the week!

No comments: