Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Internet Down

Our Internet is down at work right now. It has been down since I got here at 8, and it’s almost 11! Since I do almost ALL of my work on the internet, I have been feeling pretty useless today!
I can’t believe I haven’t already mentioned this, but Travis finally settled on a price for the car. It’s nothing wonderful, but at least we should be able to find something somewhat reliable with it. We will probably have to spend a little out of pocket, but less than we would have had to if we had settled before! It’s nice to have that done. We still don’t have the check. We are sending in the signed title today, and the adjuster said once he gets the title, he will send us the check. We have been looking for cars in our price range for the past week or two, and so far we haven’t had much luck. I am going to look at an Audi today, but it’s older, so it probably has high miles….And it’s about $1500 more than we got for my car, so I’d have to talk him down quite a bit if I was interested. We’ll see. I just want a car that will hold a family and last me for about 10 years before it poops out on me! It’s a pretty frustrating situation. Such is life.
Travis and I put 2 more lights up light night. They look really good! We had a super yummy dinner! Travis wanted hamburgers and I wanted chicken, so we decided to make chicken burgers! We grilled up the chicken, along with corn on the cob (I am really going to miss all these fresh veggies when summer is over!) Zucchini, and some peppers for Trav. I sliced up fresh tomatoes and lettuce for the hamburgers, and sliced up a cucumber to snack on! It was all SO good! And we finally went back to the gym. When Ladd came to stay for the week, it threw off our schedule so we stopped working out that week. Then we had our anniversary, so we were gone Monday and Tuesday of the following week, and we just didn’t make it the rest of the week. So this was our first workout in 2 weeks!
It didn’t feel great doing it, but it sure did feel good afterwards! I really want to get back into the routine!
I am pretty excited to get our dining room chandler up! I think it will look really nice. After we get it up, we will only have one more hall light, and the office and guest bedroom. Then we have to replace all the door knobs and plug covers and a couple more switch covers! We are getting there!! I can tell it is going to be very cozy in the winter!
The lights make it extra cozy, and the fireplace will make it even cozier if we can get it all fixed up and start using it.
Early this morning there was a lunar eclipse! I really wanted to see it, but it didn’t start until 2:30a and went until almost 4:30a! I knew we wouldn’t be able to watch the whole thing because of the timing, but the best part was supposed to be right around 3:30, so we set our alarm for 3:30 so we could take a quick look. At 3:30 when the alarm went off I couldn’t figure out what the noise was. I finally realized it was the alarm and wondered to the window to look for the moon. I couldn't’t find it, so I woke Trav up and we went outside to look. It was really cool to see the moon an orange/red color. We looked at it for about 2 minutes before heading back to bed!
I get to have an house lunch with Trav today! I am looking forward to it! Since they took my rental car away I have only been having ½ hour lunches because it takes Travis 15 mins each way to drive here. It will be nice to have a whole hour break, plus it will be great to spend a whole hour with Trav! He has a meeting in Corvallis today, which I just happen to be on the way to, so he has a little extra time!
My work is moving! Not far, just to another warehouse across the parking lot! But it’s still going to be a lot of work to move everything over. The new office space is a lot bigger. I think it will be nice when it’s all fixed up.
I've been thinking more about work recently and I've realized that I am finally feeling very comfortable in my new job. I still have questions every now and then, but for the most part I feel comfortable running the show! It is a GREAT feeling! I'm very blessed to have found this position....so close to home and something I can enjoy!
Well, our Internet is still down. I hope it will be up soon!
Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: