Friday, August 24, 2007

Sunshine!

My Stars! It’s Friday again!! This week has gone by very quickly! I’m sure it has something to do with the fact that I only worked 3 days! I am excited for the weekend. For I think the first time all summer, Trav and I don’t have any major weekend plans! We have dinner planned at his parents at 7 Saturday, and from 11 – 4 Sunday we are going bowling with Trav’s work for his summer work party! Saturday we will also probably get the lights and switch covers for the house and maybe even get some of them on! We may also go rafting or to Silver Creek Falls, if we get a wild hair. It’s supposed to be nice this weekend, so I’d like to take advantage of the weather as much as possible!
Last night we had my parents over for dinner! Well, it started with my parents, but it ended up that my brother and grandma came to! The more the merrier! We had bbq’d chicken, corn on the cob, salad, fresh zucchini, summer squash, rice, and cantaloupe. Then we had cake and ice cream for dessert! Of course, my parents brought plenty of wine! When they first arrived, we sat outside on the patio and sipped on wine while enjoying the sunshine. After dinner, we played a game called tripole, which is a great game that my family has played for as long as I can remember!
My parents took my grandma home around 9:30, and my brother stayed to watch a movie with us. It was nice to hang out with my brother a little longer. He is only here for another month before heading back to college.
It was a great night! I’m glad we got to host the dinner. Travis was very helpful! It was nice that we bbq’d. Sometimes I get stressed out if I’m the only one cooking for a large group and it seems like every thing happens at once! Last night was very relaxed and Trav helped with the cooking, setting the table, etc! He is such a blessing to have around!
I have a journal that my mom gave me for my wedding and told me to keep it in my nightstand and write in it after I got married. I was looking through my few entries last night and realized that Travis and I had a very rough first year of marriage. The first 2 – 3 months were amazing, but with him being in school and not working much, if at all, it was really hard. There were so many extra stresses…not enough money, long hours at school and on homework, the house was to small, etc. Reading our struggles surprised me, because I love being married so much, and he is such a great husband. I was going through some hard times for a good 6 months. I just thank God that those times are over. Travis has his career job now and loves it, we are feeling settled into our new home…which is actually BIG enough to hold all our stuff, and we are so blessed.
Well, I’ve babbled enough for today! Have a great weekend!

No comments: