Monday, April 21, 2008

A birthday weekend

Monday Monday.....not the best day of the week. But, I'm going to make the best of it!!!
Wednesday was Trav's bday!! I took him out for a birthday lunch, and after work we headed to his parents for a birthday dinner.
Amber and Jason surprised us by coming down for the occasion. So of course everyone took turns holding Coraline. Dinner was delicious, and Travis scored some more great gifts! He got lots of books from Amber and Jason, and some blinds for our bedroom window from his parents.
Friday we got some friends together and went to Red Lobster for his birthday. Linds and Brian, Air and K, and Mon and JD were going to join us!
We carpooled with Linds and Brian, and Air and K showed up right on time....but where were Mon and JD? We waited about 15 mins before I gave Mon a call. Poor Mon....she said, I thought the dinner was Saturday night? Oh my goodness....I realized I had given her the wrong night!! I felt terrible. So she wished Trav a happy bday from home and told us to have fun. I am going to have to make that up to her!!!
Anyway, dinner was wonderful! I had crab legs and salmon with broccoli and green salad. YUM! Trav had a platter of scallops, squid, fish, and shrimp. It looked really good. We of course ate plenty of cheesy biscuits, and took several home! Brian made sure the staff sang Happy Birthday to him! And they brought him ice cream. It was really fun.
After dinner we went back to the house to have cake and play the Wii. We rocked out on guitar hero for a while, and then switched it to bowling.
Saturday we slept in! Thank goodness! I needed to catch up! When we got up we wandered to the store to get the ingredients for the birthday dinner (yes this is like the fourth one) Trav requested I make for him. He wanted cheese ravioli with chicken in a cream sauce, salad, and garlic bread. My parents came over at 5, bearing more gifts! Wine and slippers! We sat down to dinner at 6. Of course after dinner we had to rock out on guitar hero a little, and then switched to sports. My dad loves sports. So we hit the baseball for a while, then Trav and I boxed, and finally we changed it to a less strenuous game of bowling. I am still feeling sore from the baseball and boxing!!
Sunday we did all our regular chores and errands before Trav's friend Ryan came to visit. They hung out and, you guessed it, played guitar hero (At least Trav is getting good use out of his gift!!) for about 3 hours.
We crawled into bed at 10 and the next thing I knew, the alarm was going off telling to get up and start a new week. So here I am!!
Tonight we are going to dinner at the Clarks for Trav's dad's bday. More good food! And Wednesday we are meeting with a lawyer to go over my medical auto claim. I will be happy when this is all over, and hopefully I will be all better by then!
Have a good week everyone!

No comments: