Monday, April 28, 2008

Grow grass Grow!

Another weekend has come and gone! Our friend Ladd came to stay with us over the weekend. He brought with him his new puppy, Zeus. He is pretty much the cutest, sweetest, most loving little puppy I have ever been around. And he is a pit! I fell in love with him. Even though he chewed on my furniture, and peed on my floors!
We got a lot of work done over the weekend. We were blessed with nice weather so early Saturday morning the boys went and rented a thatcher. We thatched the front and back 2 times. A couple sections in the back we thatched 3 times. It was really bad. We returned the thatcher by 2pm, and headed to Home Depot to buy grass seed and top soil. We started with 3 big bags or top soil and a 10lb bag of seed. After the front lawn we went back for 7 more bags of top soil, and we could have used several more!
By the end of the day we were exhausted, but we did it. We thatched and overseeded the front and back lawn....all in a days work! Now we just have to water twice a day when it doesn't rain, and wait for the seed to start growing. We have several other yard projects we'd like to do this spring and summer! Ladd is a landscaper and is very helpful in that area! Thank you Ladd!
Saturday night we went out for sushi and then partied it up at the house. We were up until very late! 5am. :)
Sunday we slept in until noon and then made some breakfast and sat around playing with Zeus and relaxing. Ladd headed back to Bend at about 2:30 in the afternoon. After he left Trav and I did our regular Sunday errands and chores, and at about 5 had some dinner and settled in the the evening.
Over the week we met with a lawyer about my medical case for the auto accident. I think we are going to hire him. He seemed very knowledgeable on the subject, and has been handling cases like this for over 15 years. My medical coverage was cut off effective 4/9/08 as far as the insurance is concerned, even though I am still having problems. I had to go to an independent examiner to see if the treatment I've been getting is still reasonable. He didn't take xrays or anything, he just wrote a letter stating that a female of my age should be fine after 4 months of treatment, so I'm fine. Well, thats absurd, and I'm NOT fine. So, the battle begins. It looks like I'll need to pay for treatment myself unless my treating physician can convince them otherwise. I can't really afford it, but I need it. I won't go as often as I was, but I will be sure to continue going.
This weekend we are planning on going to dinner with Mon and JD. Hopefully we'll go to Strega, a new restaurant in Corvallis Travis and I have been wanting to try!
Well, I guess it's time to get back to my Monday. I'm trying to enjoy every moment these days....but the countdown is already on for Friday!! Have a good week!

No comments: