Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SNOW DAY!!!

The Valley got our first snow of the season! Sunday evening it started! It snowed about 2 inches, and by the next morning it had frozen onto the roads-----so I got a snow day! My work closed because of the bad weather. So, Trav took me to mom's so I could help her with baskets. It was fun!
Our weekend was good to! Friday we went to dinner at Applebee's. They have the 2 for 20 deal going , 2 entrees and an appetizer to split for $20!! It was very good and a great deal. After dinner we went to the IMAX to see The Day the Earth Stood Still with my brother and his girlfriend Sara. Sara got held up on I-5 coming from Portland and she didn't get there until the movie was starting so we didn't get to talk before the movie. But after the movie we talked for a while. She is very nice. She laughed along with us (at us?) and had a good time! Hopefully she'll be coming to more family events now! We drove home through the snow! It was lightly snowing all the way from Tigard to Albany!
Saturday we slept in and then went Christmas shopping in Salem with my parents and brother. We got a lot of our Christmas shopping done, which was fun AND a relief!! After shopping we went to watch the Christmas Lights Parade. We usually watch it from the walkway between JC Penny and the mall, but we decided to watch it from the street this time. It was SO cold out! But it was fun. After the parade we went to dinner at Bentley's. My parents LOVE Bentley's and go there every chance they get. It was delicious dinner! I had Seafood Chowder with bread, and a house salad. And I ate a piece of my brothers pizza and had a few of Trav's calamari!
Sunday we did our chores and errands, and then went to the Christmas program at the Assembly. It's always so good! Afterwards we went home to finish cleaning. After cleaning we saw that it was snowing, and had been for a while so we got dressed in our warm clothes and went to romp around in the snow for a while! We walked around the neighborhood and through the park. It was so much fun!! We tried to make a snowman, but the snow wouldn't stick together!
They are calling for more snow tomorrow, so we'll see if I make it in to work or not! I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!!

No comments: