Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Holiday Season/St. Nick's Night

What a fun weekend! I can defiantly tell it's the Holiday Season!
Friday evening after work Trav and I went to his co-workers house for dinner. On the menu was Sushi, Sake, wine, and ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream! We had so much fun! After dinner we sat in front of the fire and chatted until late. Then we played some Rock Band....I tried the drums but was to embarrassed to try singing. I did just meet these people!! :)
Saturday morning I tried to get up early to go jogging. But we didn't get to bed until 2, so I ended up hitting snooze until almost 11! I'm glad I got to sleep in.
Lindsey's baby shower was at 12:30, so I got ready and headed over. We played some fun games, ate some delicious food, and watched her open lots of wonderful gifts! We also got a tour of the nursery which is VERY cute! Pink and Brown....adorable.
I picked up my mom at 3:30 and we got to the Christmas in the Park show right on time. It was a lot of fun! They had children doing dances to different Christmas songs, and free horse and carriage rides. That was my favorite part! I love horse and carriage rides. And we were there when they lit up the big tree and the whole park with Christmas lights. It was beautiful.
Then we rushed back to my house for St. Nick's night, which is always a blast! We had pizza, enjoyed the fire and the tree, opened our stockings, listened to Christmas music, and had LOTS of treats! We made brownies, gingerbread, cocoa, cider....we had chocolates and candy canes....you name it! My mom got Trav and I smelly pine cones that you throw into the fire and they make the house smell good as they burn. They are really cool!
She also got Trav and I Beavers Christmas stockings!!! My brother got us a wii remote charging stand. I thought that was very thoughtful of him! We got tons of good stuff and had a great night with the family!
Trav even put the lights on the outside of the house while I was gone on Saturday!
Sunday we had Kathy's Christmas play, so we got up at 8 to squeeze a jog in before we got ready for church. They play was great. Kathy's part was really funny! Afterward everyone got together for lunch at the Clarks. Trav and I played with Coraline for a while. Poor Trav.....everytime he holds her she starts crying. ;) I told him it happens to all of us! We had fun playing with some toys together.
The rest of Sunday was spent doing our chores and errands, and watching tv!
Now on to another week! Only 2 weeks until another very short week, and then another short one!
It might snow in the valley this weekend! Wouldn't that be fun!

No comments: