Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

The long weekend went by SO quickly! I can't believe it's over. Wednesday after work Trav and I went over to help my mom clean the house for Thanksgiving. When we go there, she had it done. So, we got to relax with my parents and enjoy a wonderful Salmon dinner instead. Of course we enjoyed some wine while we were there, and after dinner we watched Fred Claus.

Thanksgiving Day we slept in! Yay, I love sleeping in! We got to my parents a little after noon. I helped mom in the kitchen with preparing all the delicious food, and opened up a bottle of white wine. My mom, grandma, and I cooked, drank, and talked in the kitchen preparing the turkey, yams, mashed potatoes, asparagus, peas, cranberry sauce, rolls, green bean casserole, gravy, stuffing, and cool whip salad! Dinner was ready a little after one and we all sat down to the feast! My Uncle Bob came as well. It was a wonderful meal with ALL my favorites. After dinner mom and I cleaned up, had a little more wine ;), and at 3:30 Trav and I headed off to his parents.

We visited with the Clark's Sr for a few hours before heading back to my folks for dessert and to meet with Lace and Hunter. We got back at 7, had dessert and more wine, and played Apple's to Apple's! Kevin and Tina came over too, and brought their 3 daughters. We had a great time!
Trav and I didn't head home until almost midnight. Normally that would be just fine, but the next day was Black Friday and Air was picking me up at 3:30am to start shopping!

I didn't end up falling asleep until after 1, and my alarm woke me from my "nap" at 3! I threw on some clothes and Air and I were off. We started at Kohl's where we got some great deals. The line was so long that by 4:30 it wrapped all the way around the store and back outside! We were in line by 4:30 and didn't check out until almost 6! It was really fun though. Next we hit Kmart, then Target, then Gottschalks and Sears. By then it was almost 11 and I was pretty much delirious from my lack of sleep!

Air took me home and I showed Trav all my treasures. I got he and I some great new slippers, I got some new boots with the fur (with the fur), a new scarf and glove set, a few Christmas coffee to go mugs, a digital photo frame, and my brother a hoodie for his birthday! All for the regular price of my boots with the fur and Trav's slippers! It was a successful trip. Although I normally buy gifts on Black Friday and this year I pretty much only managed to buy for Trav and I!

I took a nap before Trav and I headed to my parents for my brothers 23rd birthday dinner. We had another feast, this time of Waikiki Meatballs! Happy Birthday Joel!

Saturday we woke up early and headed to Air's house. Air and I went shopping for all the goodies we needed for tailgating because today was the CIVIL WAR baby!! We got crackers and dip, carrots, fruit, and mixers for our drinks! We headed to the liquor store to get vodka. We were making cran and vod's, and rasp red bull and vod's!






Trav and K tailgating before the game







Trav, me, Air, Air's friend, and Sharm before the game






Trav and I. GO BEAVS!!!!

We tailgated with Air, K, Sharm, Keith, Cheryl, and a few others from noon - 3:30 when Trav and I headed to the stadium. The weather was perfect! It was cool out, but the sun was out and it was in the 60's! The stadium was packed. I've never seen it so full. I don't think there was an empty seat! It was a rough game. Thank goodness I'd already had several drinks to numb the pain. I was the Beavers biggest fan, at least in our section. I screamed for the Beavers, but I don't think they could hear me. The Ducks won. They won the Civil War at OUR stadium, and took away our hopes of going to the Rose Bowl. Oh man was it a tough loss. After the game we met up with Air and K to drown our sorrows a little more at the bar. Overall it was a really fun day and the team spirit for the Beavers was alive. The stadium was even louder with fans cheering than it was for the USC game I think!

Sunday we slept in until noon. We dinked around at Air's for a while and then headed to Trav's parents to borrow their truck so we could go cut down our Christmas Tree. We went to our regular spot in Lewisburg and it wasn't open. It was slim pickins last year so we were afraid they might be closing. Hopefully they just need a couple years to grow the baby trees and they will re-open! We headed to a place in Albany we'd heard of to check out their goods. We LOVE it! They have several different kinds of trees and you pick which kind you want and they have a Christmas cart that they pick you up in. It's carried by a big tractor and they drop you off in the section of tree you want. You find, cut down, and tag the tree you want and carry it to the main road where there is a little area to sit and wait for the Christmas "trolly" to come back around and pick up you, and your tree! Trav and I found a great tree and they had a huge selection! When you get back they unload your tree and even shake all the loose pine needles of in a shaker machine. Then where you go to pay they have free wassail and hot cocoa! It was a lot of fun. I loved the trolly ride behind the tractor!

We took our tree home, put it up in the stand and then took the truck back and went grocery shopping. When we got back we still had to clean up so we didn't get a chance to decorate the tree and house like we wanted until last night.

Monday it was SO hard getting back into the work groove! My day was busy though, so it went by really fast! When I got home I turned on the Christmas music and lit some candles and after dinner Trav and I had hot cocoa and decorated the tree. It was a lot of fun! I love the way the tree looks.

Tonight I will finish decorating the house while Trav works on TF, and Saturday Trav will put the lights up outside and put up the outside decorations!
Christmas is right around the corner!!

No comments: