Friday, June 22, 2007

The first week

I survived the first week of my new job!! It's 4pm on Friday and I am ready to go home! Tonight is my friend Robbie's going away party for leaving CDC. I worked with her there for about 9 months. She is calling it quits to pursue being a real estate agent. I think she will be great at it. Her kids just graduated from hs, and she doesn't really need to work, she just wants something to keep her busy so this will be perfect for her! She can work when she wants!
Anyway, the party should be fun! We are going to Wilhelms and then Humpty's Dump. :)
My friend Lindsey had a 2nd interview with the state yesterday, and a phone interview with OSU today. She is raking them in!! I hope she finds something quickly and can get out of Allied! They are so wishy washy, you never know whats coming next...and they certainly don't communicate it to you right away!! They tell you the day it changes and never ask for your opinion! I think she is going to get an offer from the state, which would be a great job!! We both plan on starting a family in the next couple years!
This week I've had a little extra time to think....and I realized how blessed I am. I have a new house, it's not a mansion but it's big enough to have a family in....big enough that we really would never HAVE to leave it, although we probably will someday. :) We have been able to make upgrades to it!
I have a wonderful husband....we are both headed in the same direction which is very helpful! He is willing to help out with cooking and cleaning, and he always does without complaining. He takes great care of me, and I KNOW that he loves me very much which is a wonderful feeling to have.
Now, I work 7 minutes from my house, I get to have lunch with Travis, we are on exactly the same schedule so we get to get up and get ready in the morning together, have lunch together, have dinner together, etc, and go to bed together which is very important to me!! It has been wonderful! Plus, I have a great job. I have some spare time, but it's also busy so I'm not bored! They don't care what I do when it's slow, as long as my work is done, so I don't have to "fake" being busy. Plus, I got an office manager title, and they are great people to work for. I can be myself!!
I'm so glad that things are going well. Hopefully they will continue down this path! There is still lots of work to do all the time, but I'm ready for it!!
Have a great weekend!!

No comments: