Monday, June 25, 2007

The weekend

Good Morning.

Well, the weekend is over and I am once again back to work. The weekends always seem to go by so quickly. This weekend was fun. Trav and I went to Robbie's going away party and Wilhelms. I started to feel a little sick after a couple hours, so we headed home. We watched a couple movies, and at about 1 we headed to bed....well I fell asleep halfway through the 2nd movie. We slept in on Saturday, which was nice. I kinds wanted to get up before 11, but I was so tired...I don't know why.

Saturday we made a list of all the things we need from Home Depot, and we went to Corvallis to borrow Travs dad's truck. Then we took the truck to Travs work to pick up a really heavy metal desk for Trav to use as an art desk at home. We unloaded it and took the truck back to Corvallis. It was 3 at this point, and we still had to get my friend Lindsey a bday present for her party that night. I got her a card and a starbucks gift card. Then we went home and grabbed all our clothes to get ready for dinner at the Melting Pot in Portland...a very nice resturant we'd never been to, but had heard a lot about.
We got to the Holcombs at about 4:30, and Lindsey and I got dressed up. I love getting dressed up!! We headed to the Baurers to pick up Nate and Amy at 5:30, and had a couple glasses of wine at thier house in Keizer. At 7 we headed for Portland to make our 8 reservations. We had a huge 4 course meal...appetizer with cheese fondue to dip it in, salad, then entree of filet migoen, duck, shrimp, mahi mahi tuna, and tenderlion., along with some potatoes and veggies. YUM! It was so good! Then they brought out dessert, which was a wonderful platter of cheesecake, brownies, marshmellows, strawberries, and pinnapple to dip into the chocolate fondue. It was so so good. It cost a pretty penny, and we had 6 in our party so there was an automatic 18% gratunity added. Ouch. It was worth it though. The whole thing took 3 hours, but everything came quickly and we never really felt like we had to wait.
Then we headed home. We got home at 1, and went to bed.
Sunday we slept in until 11 again, and then we cleaned, did laundry, and got the office all set up. We only have 1 room left and then we want to organize the garage really well and work on the yard. I wanted to work on the yard a little this weekend, but we never made it to that.
This weekend we are going to Waldport to stay in a beachhouse with our friend Ladd. We are packing up Thursday and heading over Friday right after work. I am really looking forward to getting away for a while.
YAY!
Alright, I'd better get back to work.
TTYL

No comments: