Thursday, November 15, 2007

Air's Bday!!!

Last weekend was a blast!
Friday Trav and I got off work at 2, so we could leave a little early to celebrate our anniversary! We met at the house and just hung out for a little while, before heading to Corvallis.
Our first stop was the High School. We walked around the campus and reminisced. It was really fun. Just being there brought back so many memories!! We even went to the spot where he asked me out. The campus has changed a lot over the past 7 years! It was hard to believe that we haven't been there for that long!
We left for Dairy Queen at 4:30, and shared a chicken strip basket, cheeseburger, and blizzard....just like we did on our first date!
Then we took a walk down to the majestic theatre where Travy gave me my first kiss.
We headed back to the car at that point and drove through the beautiful neighborhoods in the hills of Corvallis for about an hour. It was so much fun! The neighborhoods are so beautiful, but even more than that the memories that come along with it for us makes it truly special! We used to drive out in the hills almost every day!
We finally headed home at about 7, and snuggled up on the couch with some movies.

Saturday we slept in, and when we got up we headed to the gym. Afterwards we got ready for Air's bday dinner! Air and K showed up at our house at 3:30 and Air opened her gift from me and we celebrated with a glass of champagne.
We headed to Roadhouse at 4. Dinner was delicious!! Airs parents even picked up the tab, which was completely unexpected and very nice! Air and I had strawberry lemonades with vodka in them and they came in huge mason jars! By the end of that drink I was already having to much fun!!
At about 6:30 we headed home and made it to the liquor store just in time! We bought all the goodies we needed for the evening and headed to Airs! We made jello shots and put them in the fridge to set, and made ourselves some drinks. We started playing the drinking game, crazy eights, at about 8. By 10, everyone was feeling really good! Air had a few work friends come by at 10, and we all celebrated with the jello shots! At 11 we all decided to go to the bar.
At that point I had drank enough for the whole evening, but I still managed to get 3 drinks at the bar!! At least they were spread out from 11 - 2!
We had a really good time, and Air had fun which was the whole point!

Sunday and Monday I spent recovering from Saturday! Really!
I worked for my mom for a few hours on Sunday. It was fun! I like working with my mom!

Tuesday Air and K came over for dinner. Trav and I tried a new recipe of Chicken Lo Mein. We were a little nervous to try out a new recipe on friends, and this one especially since we haven't made many Chinese dishes. It turned out really well though!

Last night we went to the gym and then Lindsey came over for a couple hours. It was really good to see her! We have both been very busy and haven't been able hang out nearly as much as we'd like! We agree on so many things, it's fun to chat about it all!!

Tonight we are having my parents over for Spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad! And wine! :) It's going to be a good night!

I am excited that it's Thursday, because that means Friday is right around the corner!! This weekend we don't have a lot of plans yet, but I know we will manage to stay busy! I think we are going cosmic bowling with some friends on Saturday night!

Next week is Thanksgiving! I am getting really excited for the holidays! I am still a little nervous to be hosting Thanksgiving dinner, but I think with Trav's help it will go smoothly! I just hope everything tastes yummy!!

I am excited for shopping on Friday also! I have been saving some money for a few months and I get to spend it all on myself! I thought the day after thanksgiving sales would be a perfect chance!

Trav and I will probably decorate the house for Christmas next Friday also! And the next weekend we will go cut our tree! We always have a lot of fun picking out and cutting down our tree! This will be the first year we will be decorating our new house for Christmas! I think it will look very cozy! It's going to be fun!!

Alright, I've already written far to much! I just haven't blogged for a while so I had a lot to say!
Have a great Thursday and a fabulous weekend!

No comments: