Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Spring is coming!

I think my husband put it best this weekend when he said "We've almost made it through". When I asked him what he was referring to he said that we were almost through winter and into spring. Thank goodness! I am ready for spring to be here. I'm ready for blooming flowers and sunshine!
We have so much to be grateful for. It seems so easy to get lost in all the problems we have, and forget about all the good stuff! It's mid-February already! Thursday is Valentine's Day and I have a wonderful valentine to spend the day with! We are going to make a gourmet dinner! We are having cheese fondue with bread for the appetizer, greek salad, crab with asparagus and mashed red potatoes for the main course, and chocolate fondue with strawberries and pinapple to dip into it for dessert! Of course we will have champagne flowing throughout the evening! I want to have romatic music playing and eat by candle light. We might even get dressed up for the occasion! I rented a couple romantic movies so we can snuggle up on the couch after dinner and watch them! I'm excited about it!
Saturday we will most likely be going cosmic bowling with a group of people! Cosmic bowling is always a good time! NEXT weekend is the seafood and wine fest, and then only 2 weeks later we are leaving for MEXICO!!! When we get back from Mexico there are only a couple months until we will be able to finish paying off our debt!
I think it's going to be a good year! We're off to a good start anyway!
Kayden is healing a little more every day. It's slow going, but I think he's getting there! We stayed home with him all weekend! Friday night Lindsey and Brian came over and we played the Wii. We had a great time! Saturday we slept in and hung out with Kayden all day. That evening we went out to dinner with my parents and they came back to the house with us for dessert and more Wii! We watched a movie when they headed home, and then went to bed. Sunday we stayed with Kayden until about 1, before heading off to do our Sunday errands! After the errands we went to the gym since we hadn't been since the previous weekend. Taking care of little Kayden has turned into a full time job!
Well, I should get back to work! Have a good week!

No comments: