Wednesday, February 6, 2008

February is here

The past few days in the Clark household have been eventful to say the least! Ladd was not able to stay with us last weekend as planned. The pass was actually closed! I shouldn't have been suprised, since we even got snow on the valley floor! I'm sure the pass was a mess!
Anyway, we had my parents over for chicken enchilada's on Friday night. We had a lot of fun! My mom and I had strawberry margarita's while Trav and my dad drank wine. We showed them the Wii (since technically they got it for us for Christmas). My dad loved it and ended up playing for 6 hours!!
Saturday we slept in....I mean REALLY slept in! We didn't have a lot to do and we both needed some catch up sleep! It was great. Then we headed to the gym and back home. We had some friends over that night and had a good time talking and laughing into the wee hours of the night!
Sunday was SUPERBOWL Sunday! We got up early to take care of all our Sunday chores. We headed to Air and K's at about 2:30 and then headed to Cheryl's at 3:30 to watch the game. We had a great time with everyone there, eating, drinking, and yelling for our team! It was a good game. Air and I won a bet on "squares" so that was fun!!!
Monday came to quickly and with a bad spin. We had an auditor coming to work so Monday was very busy spent preparing. After lunch Trav took Kayden to the vet to get his wound re-wrapped. He called with bad news. The vet said the wound was not healing with the bandage on so we needed to leave it off so it could air out. She said if it didn't heal they could try surgery one more time, but if that didn't work....well that would be the last shot. My heart died. Why is this happening? I love little Kayden SO much. We were very concerned leaving the bandage off with the wound in such a fragile state. The whole reason we're still dealing with this is because he manages to get around his bandage and his collar and mess with his tail. I had to use everything in me to finish out the work day. I would have been home in a second if it wasn't for the audit. Trav ended up going home at 3:30 to be with him. When I got home I asked if we could get a bigger collar, and possibly a sedative so he would remain calm. The vet said yes, so we went to get both.
We put the new collar on him and gave him a sedative before heading to Ame and Jays for our dinner date. We were late, but Ame and Jay were very understanding!! Thier house so so beautiful! We had a good time at dinner, although I was worried about Kayden.We all headed back to our house for dessert after dinner. When I walked through the door my heart broke. Kayden had managed to get the collar off his head and had been ripping the metal staples out of his tail. :*( I wish he understood what he was doing. So we had to re-wrap it, defeting the drying it out purpose, but we didn't know what else to do! That night was awful to say the least. He was very rambucious and I didn't want him to get his collar off or mess with his tail anymore so I stayed up with him almost all night. I felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest.
Tuesday we left his tail wrapped since we couldn't be home to watch him. I got off work at 4 to go home and be with him. We had lots of plans this week but we cancelled them all so we can just go home and be with Kayden in the evenings and take the badage off. Last night that is all we did...just watched Kadyen. Basically what it looks like is happening right now is since the bandage kept so much moisture on the wound it cause the skin to get "soggy" and die. So it just came off. So it looks really bad because a big chunk of his skin is missing and it's red and raw. We have to watch it closely so it doesn't get infection, but as long as he can't get to it and we can continue to dry it out it should start to scab over and heal. As far as we can tell the incision is still all together. It still needs to heal also though. It's not going to be as pretty as we expected if it does heal, but I don't care. I just want him alive and healthy!!! If he does get to it though, he will try to "clean" the open wound, which will end up hurting him because it's already so thin there, he will end up re-opening the incision which means another surgery and then we could end up right back where we are anyway. So every moment that I can't be home watching him is killing me. And we have to leave it wrapped when we're not around to watch him so it's not airing out. We pray for him all the time, and all my friends and family are praying for him to. I am happy to report that it is looking a little better today, although it still has a long way to go!
Drama in the Clark household! Thats all thats going on for now. It's Wednesday....only 2 more days of work this week. Thank goodness for that!
Happy Birthday to our good friend K!! He turned 26 on the 5th!

No comments: