Sunday, January 27, 2008

What a weekend!

We had a VERY interesting weekend! I'll start right in!!
Friday I got off work early and took Kayden to the vet. They took out his stitches and told us to watch him and make sure he didn't gnaw at his tail, but that it was ok for him to clean it. Well, we didn't think it looked great, since one side of it was still a little split open, but we did what the vet said.
At about 9:30 PM, Kayden had split the whole end of his tail. Just like it was 2 weeks ago right after the surgery. It was an emotional evening to say the least. We were looking forward to him healing, having his collar off, and getting back to normal life. Now, that wasn't the case.
Saturday we took him to the vet at 11am. They told us they were going to have to put him under and operate again, or it wouldn't heal correctly. Not only was it another $100, but we were back at square one. Another 3 weeks at least of the collar and keeping him inside. Ugh, so stressful. Anyway, they kept him there to do the surgery and asked us to pick him up on Sunday.
After dropped Kayden at the vet, we headed to the gym for a little workout, and then we went to Salem. I had a few things to return/exchange and we wanted to go to a great Italian Restaurant in Salem. We had a lot of fun at the mall shopping. We got some good deals and didn't spend much because of the returns, so that was really nice. At 6:30 we went to dinner and had a wonderful meal, accompanied by live piano. We both got chicken ravioli in a garlic cream sauce topped with lot of blue crab. YUM!!
On our way home we stopped at my parents to say hello, and finally headed home at about 10. We watched a movie with Monika and she brought us our Christmas gift which is a great game! I can't wait to play it!
When we got home Saturday I tried to find my phone to text a friend, but I couldn't find it anywhere. After searching for about an hour I realized that I must have left it in one of the stores we were at in Salem. That was not a good feeling, because we were in a lot of stores! There was nothing I could do except wait and call them all the next day.
We went to bed at about 2, and had to get up at 6:30 to go to Fred Meyer for the Wii lottery at 6:45. I hardly remember going, it feels like a dream. We stood in the cold rainy weather for about 10 minutes before they handed out the tickets, and then another 10 minutes before they called the 6 winning numbers. They called Trav's number first!! It was such a relief!! SO we got our Wii, came home and got right back into bed! We woke up at 10 and saw that it had snowed!! Yay!
We got up and cleaned the house and waited for the vet to call and say we could pick up Kayden. While we waited I called every store I could think of and no one had seen my phone. :*( What a weekend!!
The vet called at about 1:30 we picked up little Kayden and brought him home. Then we did our grocery shopping and finished our chores! My mom called me at about 5 with great news. TJ Maxx had called her and told her they had my phone!! We haven't picked it up yet, but we will soon....hopefully. We just don't go to Salem that often!
It was a crazy crazy weekend! A lot of good things happened though, and some bad.
Now it's the dreaded Monday once again. I can only hope that this week will be better than last!

No comments: