Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Trouble in Paradise

I have had a lot of things on my mind lately....some good, some bad.First of all, Friends. Friendship seems to be so much more complicated and difficult than it should be sometimes. Why do friends have to move away? Don't they understand how that changes the lives of those who love them? So many of my closest friends have moved away over the past few years and it seems that more plan on moving in the coming years. I want all my friends to make the most of thietheirs, but it is hard when I can't celebrate the little things with them. Everyone says "we will keep in touch" but it's never the same. It's hard to keep in touch. And then there are the friends who are still close.....but there are still problems with them. It's so easy to over-analyze and end up with hurt feelings. UnnessesaUnnecessarilyknow...maybe. Either way, it's icky to feel hurt. When your friends make you feel useless and un-needed...even if it is an accident, it hurts.And I over react and decide I don't want to feel this way anymore and I should just cut them out of my life, but whats the point of that? Then you have even less friends. I just want friends that I can feel close to...always. And who will help me when I need help. Sincerely. Not just offer to help until the help is needed and then back out.My kitty, poor little Kayden. Trav and I have not hardly left the house except to go to work for the past almost 3 weeks. I'm getting house fever. I need out! Not only that but I am gaining weight because I can't workout. And I'm paying for a gym membership that I'm not able to use! And I feel so bad for the little guy. I want him to heal so badly! I'm just not patient enough! Trav and I are leaving for a weekend trip this weekend and I am very worried about leaving him. I don't want him to somehow manage to get at his wound again and tear it back open putting up back at square one. Especially not now! Because I am also very worried about leaving him when we go on our vacation to Mexico. I am of course very excited to go to Mexico....we have been saving for and planning this trip for a very long time and we need it! But I want Kayden to be healed up enough that I don't worry about him the whole time, instead of enjoying myself! The vet is supposed to take the stitches out Tuesday teh 26th....I hope and pray that this time the incision has completely healed and his skin is sealed together. If something goes horribly wrong and it opens up again we are going to be in a world of hurt. He'd have to have another surgery and when he got out we'd be almost leaving for Mexico! Who would take care of a kitty that sick who needs constant attention and medication and bandaging and unbandaging? Oh I pray that he will be ok!On the other hand, as long as I can get over my worry I am SO excited to go to the Seafood and Wine Fest this weekend and SO SO SO excited to be leaving for Mexico in only 16 days! I can't believe it is right around the corner.Paying off debt....we are so close! We paid off our Home Depot credit card on Monday! It felt so good! Now we just have the 2nd mortgage and the regular credit card. The regular credit card is mainly filled up with our trip to Mexico. We have the money in an account for that but I don't want to pay it until we are back and everything has gone smoothly! The rest of the credit card bill is vet bills, car bills, gifts, and our Wii. We have the money for the Wii, we just have to apply it, and Trav is getting an extra paycheck this month so we will apply that money to the vet and car bills, etc....so once we are back from our vacation and apply that money to, it should be either gone or very low!Then it will just be our 2nd mortgage and if we get a good tax refund we will apply that to it, if not we will just have to wait until the end of April and it will be gone as well!Once those debts are paid we can start on our wish list! We need a dishwasher desparatly! Also, this spring we are planning odesperatelyot of work to our yard and garden....which costs money! And we need blinds and several other things! We also need to start saving our money so we can build our savings account to a comfortable amount!Other things on my mind....brown stains on my teeth. They are new and ugly. I looked it up online today and found over 100 complaints blaming Crest Pro-Health rinse for causing brown stains on thier teeth. Yep, I just started using it about 2 motheirago myself. Apparently these stains are very difficult to remove. Great...Travis has been concerned about a small white bump on his gumline for a couple months now. He missed his opprotunity to get dental through his employer, so we wopportunityo put him on mine so he could get into the dentist for a cleaning and to have them take a look and make sure the white bump is no big deal. My company said that was no problem and added him effective Feb 1st. We found out yesterday (After 3 canceled appointments and several calls and information sent to my dental company) that they can't cover him until my open enrollment. So we are still worried about this little white bump. We will most likely go ahead and just pay out of pocket for an appointment, but if there is something wrong there will no doubt we expensive procedures needed that we won't be able to afford without insurance. Just another thing to worry about.I love Travis so much. He is my best friend....the only consitancy in my life. He is my rock. I rely on him for so much.consistencymagine my life without him. I am so grateful for such a wonderful man in my life. A lot of people struggle with thier love life....and luckily that is one thing Trav and I have a gtheiron. I'm not saying we don't get on each others nerves every now and then, or that we never argue. We do. But we work it out and we have an understanding of each other and an unconditional love. Thank God for that!Boy oh boy I have babbled a lot. I have just had so much on my chest lately. Also, my car accident last July has left me with almost daily headaches. Bad headaches that drugs don't seem to help. I am still seeing the chiropractor twice a week. I still have problems with my upper back cracking in and out all the time. It just seems like nothing is helping. A year after the accident they won't cover me seeing the chiropractor anymore and I feel like I will still be having problems. And they will try to settle the medical claim which I know is going to be an icky, not fun process. Trav and I need to go meet a lawyer and get that process started. Life seems to throw one thing after the other at us!I just need to thank God for all my blessings. Thank you God, for all my blessings.

No comments: