Monday, December 17, 2007

1 week till Christmas!!

Trav and I had a wonderful weekend! We have both been fighting getting a cold for the past week, so we were feeling pretty run down Friday afternoon when we got home from work. We had some dinner, and then cuddled up on the couch and watched "It's a Wonderful Life". We went to bed at about 11pm that night!! That is defiantly NOT our normal Friday night schedule. But it helped! We slept in and were both feeling quite a bit better Saturday morning!!
Saturday we slept in, and then got up and took care of all our chores and errands. We got done at about 5 and I was feeling worn out again so I took a little nap before our Christmas Dinner with Air and K. We have started a new tradition to always go to a nice dinner together to celebrate Christmas together....since we are with family on actual Christmas! This year we tried Allasandro's in Salem. It was wonderful! We will be back! They had live piano, and candles on the tables, and the food was very good. We headed back to the house and talked for a couple hours before we headed to bed at midnight! Not our normal Saturday night either!
But, all the extra rest really helped us feel better. I'm hoping we can beat this.....I don't want to be sick on my 5 days off for Christmas!
Sunday we woke up at 10, but laid in bed and talked until 11. We finally got up and got ready to head to my parents! My mom and I made Christmas Chocolate covered cherries and mints, and I made a cake for my brothers bday! I also worked on my angel wings for the Christmas costume party this weekend.
We headed to the Christmas Program at the Assembly at 2:30. It was a wonderful program! They do a great job every year! We got home at 5 and had some dinner and some birthday cake for dessert! Then we opened our stockings for St. Nicks night and mom and I decorated her tree!! It was a great day! Very festive and fun time spent with family!
Now it's back to work for a week....one week until 5 days off! I am so ready for some time off! I'm going to try to plow through Monday, my least favorite day of the week! Have a great week!!

No comments: