Thursday, December 13, 2007

VACATION TIME!!

I am SO excited right now. I have been so busy that I haven't blogged for a little while! I don't like getting behind!
We had a wonderful, Christmasy weekend. Friday my dad's play was hilarious, Saturday we had a great time shopping....I got lots of good stuff for myself and finished my Christmas shopping! Then we got to watch the Christmas parade!
That evening we drank and talked with friends! Sunday we slept in and had a lazy day watching Christmas movies, and of course getting all our chores done!
Trav's dad went in for surgery Monday morning. Travis spent the day at the hospital with his family. His dad is doing MUCH better now. He said the pain he was having daily is gone. Now his only pain is where the incision was made. That will heal though. He should be getting out of the hospital very soon!
I have been having a very busy holiday season! I have been taking off work early so I can go help my mom since she is so busy with Christmas baskets! It has been really fun, but keeping me busy!!
This weekend Trav's co-worker is having a Christmas party on Friday night we are going to. Saturday we are doing our chores and then going to Allesandro's in Salem for a nice Christmas Dinner with Air and K! It's going to be a lot of fun! Sunday we are celebrating my little brothers bday, going to a "Celebrate Christmas" program at the Assembly, and doing St. Nicks night that evening! I am really looking forward to it!
So Trav and I have been talking about a vacation for MONTHS. We've been saving for this one extra long because originally we were going to go on a cruise, which cost more than our normal annual vacation budget. Since then, the cruise fell through, so we were trying to think of something GREAT that cost a little more than normal. We finally settled on and booked an all-inclusive resort on the Riviera Maya, which is about 45 miles from Cancun. It is a BEAUTIFUL resort right on the beach. It has 7 restaurants and 10 bars, including 2 swim up pool bars. All the food, drinks, and water activities are included in the price so we don't have to worry about a thing! We can have steak and crab along with expensive cocktails every night if we want! I am really excited to go! I could go off about it for pages, so I'll save some for another post when I am feeling excited about it again!
Well, thats all for now. I'm going to finish up my work here and head over to moms! Have a great weekend!

No comments: