Monday, December 31, 2007

My baby

What a weekend. Friday as I was pulling my car into the garage I accidentally ran over my kitty, Kayden's tail. At first we didn't know what I ran over, and Friday night was excruciating. He just laid on the floor sleeping and looking so uncomfortable. Trav and I were afraid he could have internal bleeding and we were so afraid he might die. I can't imagine my life without him. He really is my baby. He comforts me when I'm sad, he cheers me up everyday. He sits on my lap when I get home from work and helps me relax and unwind from my day...he is just such a sweetheart.
At 7 in the morning we decided we should take him to the vet to get checked out. We took him in right at 9 when they opened. The vet checked him out and discovered that his tail was broken. What must have happened is I ran over his tail and he freaked out and tried to take off running when his tail was still under the wheel. He broke it right at the part it connects to his back. Poor baby. They also took xrays of him to make sure nothing else was wrong.....and found he has a broken pelvis also. He must have really took off. So he is on all sorts of good kitty "vicaden" and he is already doing better. I am just so happy that he is alive and going to be ok! There is nothing they can do to fix his tail though, they have to amputate it. I am very sad about that. I love his tail. But he is going to be a gorgeous bob-cat and he is still himself which is all that matters!
What a bummer though! I still can't really believe it happened. I would do anything to go back in time and stop it.

No comments: