Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas-time!!

Beavers won the civil war!!! GO Beavs! The first time we've won at Atzen Stadium since 93!! And we won in double overtime. What a game!! As you can tell, I was super excited about our win!
Friday I left early to go to the dentist for a cleaning. I love getting my teeth cleaned! I do need to floss more though, I can tell. And I think I'm going to start using mouth wash. Also, my dentist recommended that I get my top 2 wisdom teeth out. They are barely sticking out of my gums and they are hard to clean so she said they can decay pretty easily. So now I have that to think about! I am terrified of getting them out, especially if they aren't putting me under, which they wouldn't be for this procedure!
Anyway, Trav and I had a "romantic" night that night. We went out to dinner, then did a little shopping, since I had 2 $10 coupons burning a hole in my pocket. I got some cute shoes and a cute sweater and Trav got a nice new thermal. We also got a cool massager thing. All for only $30!! After shopping we went home and watched movies and snuggled up on the couch. It was so stormy out that night! It's nice watching the storm out the window while being snuggled up inside!! We went to bed at about 11:30. We were both really pooped from the week!
We slept in on Saturday, and didn't get going until about 11. We got ready and were out of the house by noon. We had a few things to do. We had to go to Corvallis to pick up his dads truck, and visit with his dad for a while. His dad is having surgery on the 10th, but all the time he's been waiting for it, he had just been miserable and company helps. So we stopped taco bell to grab some lunch, and then went to Trav parents. We visited for about an hour, but his dad was on some paid meds and they made him pretty out of it.
So we headed off to get our tree! We've been going to a tree farm in Lewisburg for the past several years. It was slimmer than normal pickings this year, but we found a great one, sawed it down, loaded it up, and brought it home! We wanted to get it into the tree stand before we returned the truck and visited with his dad more, so we did that, which took a little while. We headed back to Corvallis at about 2:30, and watched the game with his dad. Go Beavs!
After the game we headed home, had some dinner, and worked on situating the living room around the tree. We were pretty pooped and had plans with Air and K that evening, so we decided we'd decorate everything on Sunday.
We drank wine at Air's.....I drank to much. I had fun, but I ended up sick. I rarely get sick. I woke up sick to. Really sick. I had a migraine, and I was nauseous. We went home and started getting out the decorations, and I had to lay down. Travis lit a few candles, put Christmas music on and wrapped me in a blanket while he worked on the laundry. I napped for a couple hours, until I finally felt well enough to stand!
Then the decorating began! It was so much fun pulling out all the decorations. I get a few more every year and I always forget about some of them so it's a surprise every year!! We put the lights on, then the garland, then all the ornament's! We were just putting the finishing touches on, and realized we were missing the tree topper. Trav was headed out to the garage to find it and I turned to looked at him when I heard a snap and turned back toward the tree as is crashed into me!! The tree seriously just fell right on top of me. We're lucky I was standing there, or it would have fallen on the floor and we would have had to re-do the whole thing! Anyway, for the next hour I held the tree while Trav worked on securing it at the bottom!! We finally got it all figured out and finished it up! I'll try to describe it. It is 7.5 feet tall, in the corner of the living room. It is very wide, so it takes up the whole corner! The tree topper is an angel. It is decorated in white lights, silver garland, purple and silver bulbs, and several other cute ornament's we've collected through the years. We got a new tree shirt, which is a rich royal purple velvet with silver leaves along the end and silver sequence. We were very happy with how it all turned out!
We finished the evening with grocery shopping and watching Desperate Housewives! (And gazing at our tree...hehe) 'Tis the season!

No comments: