Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy Holidays!

It's hard to believe it is almost the end of 2007! 2007 was a very eventful and memorable year. It started out with Trav 4 months into his job at the Democrat Herald, and me back at the Landfill for about a year. We were in the middle of trying to sell our cute little one bedroom house at 620 SW 14th Ave. We had outgrown the one bedroom and it was time to find something bigger. It went on the market at the end of Thanksgiving and we hadn't had much interest so far. In March we finally got an acceptable offer! We got it a couple days before we went on a vacation to Orange County CA to stay with Lacee. We had a great time on vacation but in the back of our minds we were thinking about the house, and all the inspections going alright, and finding a NEW house!
We got back on a Wednesday, and we back to work on Thursday. Thursday my boss called me into his office to let me know I was temporarily being transferred to the Woodburn office. WHAT?!?! Lindsey was also being transferred, so we were grateful to have someone to go through it with, and to carpool with! In the midst of the transfer and learning the AP for 4 new divisions, we had several house meetings....to look for a new one and to go over the inspections on the old one. There was one problem, it needed a new roof and we had to put it on. Ouch.
We found our house at the beginning of April and made an offer. We got it!! Now we had to wait for all THOSE inspections to go through! It needed a lot of "updating" but it was perfect for what Trav and I need for the next several years and right in our price range!
We closed on the 620 house on April 13th. We had to take our 3 cats to a cat hotel, and Air let us live with her until the new house was ours.
April 20th I found out the transfer to Woodburn was permanent. Horrible news!
We closed on the new house April 24th!! We slept on an air mattress for 2 weeks while we scraped the ceilings, wall paper off the walls, took carpet out, textured and painted! Our new floors went in May 8th! We were able to move our furniture that weekend!
The job search began! Every evening was now spent on the computer looking for and applying for jobs! Driving an hour each way to a job I hated was not acceptable to me.
I accepted my job as an office manager June 5th....also my birthday! It was very sad to leave all the people I had grown so close to at the Landfill, but leaving Woodburn didn't sting at all!
I started my new job in Albany on June 18th!
Trav and I continued to work on our house to turn it into our home!
We have continued to be busy almost every day! We have been on a strict "debt diet" to pay off our debt, but we are starting to see relief in early 08!

This weekend and next week will be very busy! Tomorrow my cousin Lacee and her BF Hunter will be here from CA! We are all going to a Christmas Costume party thrown by my friend Rachelle who is visiting from AZ where she is going to school! Saturday and Sunday will be filled with family and holiday activities! Monday is Christmas Eve and we are spending the day with my family....having our Christmas dinner, and going to look at the Keizer light show, along with our regular Christmas Eve activities! Christmas day we will wake up at my parents and open presents!! Then we are heading to Travs parents to have Christmas lunch (prime rib!) and do Christmas with them! Then we're headed back to my parents for dessert, drinks and games with the fam and Lacee and Hunter!! I am looking forward to all the festivities and to a new year!!
Happy Holidays!!

No comments: