Thursday, December 27, 2007

What a wonderful Christmas!

It's hard to believe that 5 days off is already over and it's back to work!
Friday evening was a blast! I got dressed up in my angel outfit and started in on my Raspberry Red Bull and vodkas! Lacee and Hunter arrived a little after 8 and we gave them the grand tour since they had never seen the house before. They seemed to really like it! They loved having their own room! We finished getting ready and headed to the party at about 9:30. Everyone at the party was dressed so cute! Well, all the girls! The boys were all dressed in nice slacks and nice collared shirts....some ever had a tie on. It's nice to see the boys dressed up! We hung out there until about 11 when the party moved to Lucky Larry's. We lasted there for about an hour before getting tired of the cigarette smoke and heading home. It was really good to see Rachelle again! She is such a sweetie and always fun to hang out with.
On our way home we stopped at a little sports bar a couple blocks from my house. Our friend K was supposed to be there so we were going to go pick on him. We walked in feeling pretty stupid since Lacee and I were still in our costumes. We didn't see K, so we turned around to walk out when I head someone call my name. I looked up to see my boss and his wife and friends at a table. I felt like a pretty big dork in my costume, but reluctantly we all went over to say hello. They poured us some beers and we talked for a while. K was there, he was just in a different room so he came out and we ended up going into that room and playing darts with he and his friends!
Saturday we slept in and RELAXED! We went to my parents in the evening and had some dinner with them! Sunday we slept in again and Trav took me out to dinner that evening and drove me around to see the Christmas lights in Corvallis. It was fun!
Monday we got up, got ready, and loaded up the car with all the gifts and a nights change of clothes, and were on our way to my parents for Christmas Eve dinner! We ate a huge WONDERFUL turkey dinner with all the fixins! I stuffed myself!!After dinner we opened a gift from dad, and then headed to a Christmas program in Salem. After the program we went to see the Keizer lights show! It is so neat how that whole area decorates their homes for Christmas!When we got home we opened our Christmas Eve present, which is always jammies that we sleep in that night and wake up and open our presents in the next morning!! Mine were really cute pink ones with snowflakes!
Christmas morning I woke up with a little bit of a sore throat, but I ignored it because it was CHRISTMAS!! We had breakfast and then went to the tree and passed out the gifts! We all had fun opening our gifts and everyone had a good amount of surprises! Trav and I got some new clothes, a gift card for a Wii from my parents, and a gift card to Fred Meyer from my brother. We got lots of little goodies also! Joel really seemed to like the v-rocker we got him, my dad loved his slippers and cds, and my mom was thrilled with her new computer chair and cd player! We headed to Travs parents after getting ready. Now my throat was bothering me quite a bit and my body was starting to feel run down. I rested on the couch and read a magazine until dinner was ready, tried to rest my throat! Dinner we delicious! Prime rib, mashed red potatoes, and green beans!! After dinner we visited with everyone until about 5. Then Trav and I headed to our house to get me some dayquil so I could enjoy the evening festivities! We met back up at my parents for dessert, but this time Lacee and Hunter joined us! We ate dessert, drank our drinks, and played Apples to Apples, talking and laughing until after 11!! It was so much fun! Everyone really enjoyed themselves!
We slept in again on Wednesday, and I woke up feeling REALLY bad. Trav took care of me, but we also managed to put away our Christmas decorations and get the house cleaned and back in regular order! I don't like to leave the Christmas decorations up after Christmas because it just reminds me that it's over. It's so sad when it's over!
Today it is back to work! Not to bad since it's Thursday! A 2 day work week isn't to bad though! And then another 4 days off! Thats how it should be!!Have a Happy New Year!! :)

No comments: