Monday, July 9, 2007

Travis and I had a nice weekend. Our plans to go camping fell through, but thats ok. We hadn't been home for a while, and we had things around the house we wanted to get done. The house is still not completely put together. We did so much right when we got it that we burned ourselves out a little! And now it's summer so we want to go play instead of stay in and work! We still need to finish setting up the guest room, and put a few finishing touches on the office. And we'd love to hang pictures! We also need to scrap little pieces of texture off the door and window frames. And soon, we'd like to put up new light fixtures, new switch covers, new door knobs, and new cabinet knobs!! There are a few little areas I'd like to re-paint to....mainly corners where the colors change.
Anyway, this weekend we worked on the yard! Trav did most of the work. I was there for moral support. We worked from noon until about 7! We got a lot done. Mowed the lawn, fertilized and put weed killer on, re-barkdusted, and weeded the gardens like crazy!! It looks a lot better! It will be nice if the fertilizer and weed killer works and our lawn turns out green and lush!!
Friday night Travis and I went out with our friend Lindsey. I worked with her at Allied. Friday was her last day, so we went out to get a celebration drink!! It was fun. Afterwards Travis and I went to the store and got wine and cheese, and champagne and strawberries. We took them back to the house and watched old movies while drinking!! It was lots of fun! We took pictures of ourselves and Travis sent them to friends! We watched 3 movies, and went to bed around 1.
Saturday after working in the yard we bbq'd some steaks, and then headed over to my friend Erikas house to hang out with her and Caleb for a while before she had to leave for work.
She has a cutest little chick! He is a week old and just a sweetheart! We left at about 10:30, and came back to the house to watch a movie.
Sunday morning we got up at 10, and met my parents for breakfast. After breakfast we went wine-tasting at Eola Hills. It was fun! We came home at 6, went grocery shopping, and did some chores to get ready for the week. We had some old bread, so we walked to the park to feed the ducks. It was a beautiful, mellow evening!
I still haven't heard anything about my car. I'm anxious to get that process moving! My neck is still a little sore.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

No comments: