Monday, October 1, 2007

October

I can’t believe it is already October! I have a feeling this is going to be a very cold winter! It is already very cold out for being the 1st of October! And it looks like the rain is here to stay! Goodbye sunshine until spring, when a few breaks from the rain will come!
It was a very relaxing weekend. It’s hard for me to have such relaxing weekends, because I have been so busy all summer…well all year really. Since LAST October is when we started preparing the old house to sell, we have been busy every weekend since until now. October – March with selling the house and of course the Holidays, March – June with moving, twice, into the new house and updating the new house, and me getting a new job, and June – now with summer activities! So really, I am not joking when I say that this is our first chance to relax in a year!
So, it has been enjoyable, but very hard for me. I feel like I should be doing something productive instead of just sitting around!
Friday, Travis and I went out to dinner with Monika. Monika and I got into our little black dresses, to make for a more elegant occasion. We had a great time. Red Lobster was PACKED. We got there at 7:30, and got seated at 8. Trav ordered endless shrimp, and I ordered a trio platter with salmon, crab alfredo linguine, and crab legs. YUM! And of course it came with Red Lobsters wonderful cheesy biscuits, a salad, and a baked potato! I did not make it through all the food, and was able to take the salmon and backed potato home as leftovers! Travis went through several courses of shrimp, and I even tried a couple!
We got back to the house at 10, and Monika and I got right to blending our strawberry margaritas! They were so good. We had a great time. At about 2am our friend Cody came over, who we haven’t seen since our wedding! It was great catching up. We ended up talking until 5:30am!
Trav and I slept in later than I have slept in for years! We slept until 2! When we got up we were completely unproductive. We ate and watched tv….thats it. That was our whole Saturday! So relaxing!
Sunday we woke up at a decent hour and got our chores done first thing. We got home from lunch and grocery shopping at 3, and once everything was put away we decided to tackle organizing the garage! We were out there for 4 hours, and we really did get a lot done! There is still more to do though! We got one side completely cleared off, so I can park my car in the garage now. Next weekend we will work on the other side, so hopefully starting next week our garage will be completely organized and both cars will be kept nice and warm inside!
That’s all for now.
Have a happy week!

No comments: