Monday, October 22, 2007

Weeks are flying by....

Another weekend has come and gone! Already! Trav and I had a nice weekend. It was very relaxing! We didn't do much! Friday we had a date night. We just watched movies and hung out with each other. Saturday we laid around all day, but that evening we had a couple friends over and had some drinks! We had a fun time talking, laughing, and drinking!

Sunday we slept in again, and spent a good part of the day lying around. We did our Sunday chores though!

Friday I found an issue with our budget. We have been working really hard to pay off our debt since we bought our new house in April. It has been hard work, but it feels good to make a dent in it! Anyway, when we bought our house, we charged our flooring and a few other items on our Home Depot credit card.

In my mind, I figured out how we could pay it off in the 1 year of 0% financing we had. We just had to pay $400 a month on it. Trav and I's paychecks are automatically deposited, and a certain amount is deposited into each account that it needs to go into to cover those bills. Well last month we were about $100 short paying our bills. I thought it was strange, but figured that the water bill was pretty high, and a few other things that probably made up the difference. This month we were short AGAIN, and I couldn't explain why. So I added up all our bills again, and divided it by 4....which should have given me the amount each of us has deposited into the "bills" account. But it didn't. It said I was $400 short a MONTH!! I couldn't believe it. I re ran the numbers about 10 times. Finally I gave up and asked Trav if he could take a look. He came up with the same numbers.

Dang, that is a hard hit! So, Saturday we sat down and re-figured our budget. It wasn't fun. It looks like I had thought out the home depot cc pay off, but since we weren't sure if we were going to use the cc or pay cash for the items when I did the budget, I didn't include it.

We are on track again though! It will take us a couple extra months to pay off the debt we are working on, but at least we know where it's all going now!



I am excited for this week....and weekend! It's supposed to be sunny all week! It's still very cold....mid 50's to low 60's, but I don't mind the cold, crisp air...I just don't love the rain!

Tuesday we are going over to Air and K's for dinner! We're having breakfast for dinner. Yum!

I'm hoping we'll have a chance to go to my parents for dinner this week also!

Friday Ladd is coming down from Bend. He will stay with us Friday and Saturday. He's going to the Beav's game with us this weekend!! YAY! It's going to be more good times!!!

Have a great week! Enjoy the sunshine. ;)

No comments: